Cloud Proxy Services are becoming popular as the number of attacks on websites are increasing gradually. Website security and speed are major concerns of a website developer. We install dozens of server side plugins to protect our websites from DDOS, DOS, XSS attacks and use Memcached, Varnish Cache, Nginx reverse proxy to improve website speed. Well, this all can now be done by cloud proxy services such as CloudFlare and Sucuri Cloud Proxy. Cloud proxy provides protection against Spammer bots, malwares, XSS, DOS & Brute Force, Website Application Firewall, Performance Optimization, CDN Services and DNS Management. Cloud Proxy Services only require a quick DNS change and all traffic will be routed through their network providing above mentioned benefits to a website. The best part is you won’t need to install anything on your server.
There are a lot of services out there, but I am only going to talk about CloudFlare and Sucuri Cloud Proxy. I personally like cloud proxy services a lot. I have used both of these services for many web projects and they have proved to be very useful. I have tried many website attack migration services which are very slow and expensive. As a website owner I know people face problems protecting websites against DOS, DDOS, SYN attacks. Now I will explain the benefits and usage of both these services.
CloudFlare is the biggest cloud proxy service in the market. CloudFlare protects and accelerates any website online. Once your website is a part of the CloudFlare community, its web traffic is routed through their intelligent global network. CloudFlare automatically optimize the delivery of your web pages so your visitors get faster page load times and better performance. CloudFlare also block threats and limit abusive bots and crawlers from wasting your bandwidth and server resources. The result: CloudFlare-powered websites see a significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks.
Here is a list of benefits you can get by using CloudFlare in-front of your website.
- Protection against attacks: CloudFlare protects against a range of threats: cross site scripting, SQL injection, comment spam, excessive bot crawling, email harvesters, and more.
- CloudFlare Analytics: CloudFlare provides insight to your website traffic that you can’t get from other analytics programs. In addition to visitor analytics, you can monitor threats and search engine crawlers. Read more…
- CloudFlare Apps: Apps make installing web apps fast, safe and one-click simple. Integrating additional services into your website can improve your visitors’ experience, enhance your business, and solve real problems.
Sucuri Cloud Proxy is similar to CloudFlare. Besides Cloud Proxy, Sucuri provides many other services also but we are going to focus on Cloud Proxy. It does not matter if your website runs on WordPress, Joomla, vBulletin, e-commerce software or custom software.
Some of the features they offer are:
- Website Optimization: Makes website faster with smart caching, SPDY support, GZIP support.
- Security Features: Stops Attacks, Malware and Hackers with Malicious Traffic Filtering, High Security Monitoring, Cloud Based IPS, Virtual Website Patching and Web Application Firewall.
- Attack Migration: Stop a DDOS against your site now!.
- Easy Integration: No server or website plugins needed. Just point DNS of website to Sucuri and you are done. Read More…
Both services are great and feature rich. Please check out links provided and read more about the features before using any of these services.
Note: This is not a paid review and EarlySandwich is not in any way affiliated with CloudFlare nor Sucuri.