Lightbox is used to display images, videos and other web content using modal dialogs. Lightbox shows up the image in the center filling most of the screen, and the rest of the window is dimmed out. But jQuery plugins have made it a lot easier with lots of features. Here is a list of top jQuery Lightbox plugins which can be integrated into website easily.
Here are some of the best jQuery Lightbox plugins which have lots of features and responsive design for handheld devices.
blueimp Gallery is a touch-enabled, responsive, customizable image & video gallery, carousel and lightbox, optimized for both mobile and desktop web browsers.
It features swipe, mouse and keyboard navigation, transition effects, slideshow functionality, full screen support and on-demand content loading and can be extended to display additional content types. Documentation available here.
- Responsive design, touch enabled and swipe function.
- Carousel for images and videos (YouTube & Vimeo).
- HTML5 Video player.
- Mouse and Keyboard shortcuts support.
- Full screen gallery.
- Infinite Carousel slider.
- Slideshow functionality supported.
[btn_download demo_link=”http://blueimp.github.io/Gallery/” download_link=”https://github.com/blueimp/Gallery/releases”][/btn_download]
Bootstrap Image Gallery is an extension to blueimp Gallery(mentioned above), a touch-enabled, responsive and customizable image & video gallery. As its name describes, it is based on Twitter Bootstrap Framework. It displays images and videos in the modal dialog of the Bootstrap framework. Documentation available here.
- It features swipe, mouse and keyboard navigation.
- On-demand content loading and can be extended to display additional content types.
- Transition effects.
- Full screen support.
- jQuery v. 1.9.0+
- Bootstrap v. 3.0.0+
- blueimp Gallery v. 2.12.0+
- Extendable using helpers.
- Responsive design for mobile phones and tablets.
- Integrated slideshow.
- New gallery transitions.
- Uses CSS3 (shadows, round corners).
- Callback method allows extended functionality.
- Embed Images, Videos, YouTube, Google Maps, AJAX, iframe, SWF content.